Every human has a personal identity that is unique to him and makes him distinct from others – its a combination of how you look, what your name is, what impression you leave on others and so on. In a similar contrast, your business is unique in its own way and it is its identity that makes it stand out from the crowd.
But what exactly is a Brand Identity? Well, you can say that a Brand Identity is a collection of elements that a company creates to portray an image to its consumer; This includes a set of Color Palette, Typography and Visual Elements such as Forms or Shapes that can make your brand distinct.
Now, before setting out to create a brand identity, you need to ask yourself a few basic questions:
- What makes your company special?
- If you could describe our brand in three words, what would they be?
- Why did you start this business?
- What are the beliefs and values that are important to you as a company?
- What can you do better than anyone else?
These questions will help you understand and perhaps even come up with some visual elements that define your brand. Common elements of brand identity include Logo, Business Cards, Website, Email Templates and Product Packaging.